Finding a profitable Niche is a big challenge for the new SEO guys. After completing a ton of video tutorials, they still stay confused about choosing keywords or a Niche. So from my own experience and successful marketers guideline here, I’ve made an excellent guideline for advanced Niche and Keyword Research.
It’s a straightforward guideline. So I think you will fully understand Niche or Keyword after reading it.
Note: Try to understand every sentence very deeply. If you are confused, put your comment in the comment box. I will come back as soon as possible.
Finding Interested topic or Sub-topics
Make a Niche list from your interest or as your profession. Avoid that you haven’t any idea or super high competitive:
High Competitive niches:
- etc. more (search on Google)
Now search on Google “Niche Name” + Products or “Niche Name” + accessories. You will find all product lists in that niche. Take these in a word or excel file.
Finding Primary Keyword List
You should target many keywords for a product. Publishing many articles on the same topic, Google likes. And it’s a major ranking factor. So you have to find out at least 5-10 Reviews and 20-30 info keywords in a product.
Go ahrefs and scrape keywords from Amazon. Check this screenshot.
(Now your primary keyword list is ready)
- Search Volume Checking Extensions: Google chrome web store and install Whatsmyserp and Keyword Surfer with your chrome browser.
- VPN/Search Setting Fix: use US VPN, or select US location on the Google search setting, or use this US Google link. https://www.google.com/?gl=us
- MOZ: Install Moz with chrome. You will find it from the Chrome web store or moz.com official site.
How to Check Content Quality Shortly
Judging article quality is mandatory for you. Cause Google doesn’t like lower-quality content. If you find out bad quality content on the SERP, that is great for you.
Although checking content quality, in short, is tough, here I’ve added a few simple hints for you.
- The format will be reader-friendly. A single paragraph will be within 2-3 sentences.
- The sentence will be short. (within 18-20 Words) But after 2-3 sentences later, a long sentence is natural. Nevertheless, it won’t be over 26-28 words.
- Check If your Keywords/Words placement. An example: if the keyword is “best fishing rod under 100” Press “Ctrl”+ “F” Key together, then search with the keyword, and check how many have been included. 2-3 or max 3-4 is natural. (Don’t need to estimate percentage)
- Also, search by every different single word of the keyword. like these “fishing rod”, “fishing”, “rod”, or “under 100”. Presented over 20-30 times, is bad for these. (For 1k Words)
- The intro will be interesting to hook the customer to read the full article. And there won’t have any long or complicated sentences.
- The product review part won’t be like the product listing. There will stay enough beneficial discussion.
- Content length will be over 2k-3k (Consider different for over 60-70 DA sites)
Let’s know How You Will Research A Keyword For A New Amazon Niche Site?
Check the Exact Keyword on the Competitor Title.
- If you find the exact title, check their Content quality and DA.
- If Content-Length is high and Quality is Good, and DA is over 20, Stop here.
- If Content-Length is short, but DA is High(Over 30), you can stop here too.
- If Content words are too short (Less than 1k ), but DA is High, it’s a Good Keyword. (But consider again about over 60-70 DA site)
- If Article-Length is short or normal and Quality is bad (Less than 1k ), but DA is High, it’s Good.
- Example Bad KW: best vacuum for tile floors (below I’ve added example Good keyword so keep continuing)
Note: DA checking isn’t your main goal. It will just help understanding authority at a glance. But if you are confused about authority, you can judge it from ahrefs according to organic traffic, DR, UR, and Site Age, Backlinks.
- DA is under 10: New site.
- DA is 10-20: Rising Up site.
- DA is 20-50: Medium Site.
- DA is over 50: High Competitive Site.
- DA is over 70: Super High Competitive Site.
If the first site DA is too Lower than the second site. It’s Good for you.
That means: although the second site is a high authority site, they published lower quality articles. Or they don’t have covered that topic. So google has kept the new site in the first position. It’s a great chance for you if you will publish an in-depth article on this topic.
If It isn’t exact, check indirect matching.
- If you find the indirectly exact match like:
- “Best blender for beginner” = “best beginner blender,”= “best juicer for beginners”
- But, “best blender for beginner” X “best blender for the fruit”.X “best blender” aren’t an exact match.
- If you find the exact indirect match, it’s bad.
- It’s an important point for you, so research deeply, who are your customers? Are they actually searching for this?
- If your customers aren’t satisfied with this result, it’s good for you. People searching for “best blender under $100” don’t like entirely “best blender.” Cause they are actually searching for a $100 price blender.
- If your Keyword is an example: “best blender under $100” and competitor keyword is “best blender” but they have covered “under $100” in their content. It’s bad for you. (Check this Example Keyword: best stick vacuum for pet hair)
- For example: “best vacuum cleaner for dog hair” is the same as “best vacuum cleaner for pet hair.” Cause “Dog hair” searcher will like “pet hair.”
Check all in title: allintitle: “Keyword”
- Check How many exact competitors are there (Not Social, eCommerce, Community or other similar)
- Check their content Quality. (if there have no exact competitor, it’s Good)
- If their content quality is bad, that’s Good.
- If their content quality is Good, Check the Position.
- If their position is second+ page with High-Quality Content, it’s bad for you. Because they target the keyword with the high-quality article but are not ranked, so as a new site, you can’t too.
- Example Low competitive keyword: best vacuum for medium pile carpet (February 2021, I’ve mentioned the time cause competition is variable)
I’ve focused here on content quality and authority. Cause Google mainly likes these two for ranking content. But content quality is a major factor. And I never focused on the single page backlink. As a beginner, you should not go to fight with a quality content page. Cause they are already ranked on Google’s first page for targeting keywords with good quality articles. Other hand, your site isn’t still alive.
So don’t think about this “How many backlinks gain the ranked pages?”
Now you need to research info Keywords to support your money Articles as the internal linking. I will discuss it next time.
How to Pick Niche?
If you find 20-30 low, competitive keywords for a product, you can take that as a single niche. But to choose the domain, take such a name that you can cover relevant topics in the future.
Few guys target a single high search volume money keyword for a niche, and they make EMD(Exact Match Domain) website. But nowadays, you can’t survive by targeting a single keyword.
I think it’s great information for you. If you really love it and seem it’s a great technique, don’t forget to share it. And I haven’t much time for editing this article. So please forgive me if there have still any writing issues. You can also share your experience with niche and keyword research with me.